- Getting on top of GMail – deleting everything not starred or important before YYYYMMDD
- Keeping a Windows PC up to date when we’ve returned it back to you
- Why has Amazon has pulled books on bomb making but still sells chemicals for thermite?
- LogMeIn Corporate reinstall issue: Error 1920. Service ‘LogMeIn'(LogMeIn) failed to start.
- Why I like Spectrocoin; an interesting UK based bitcoin wallet provider and exchange
Mark’s Recommended Backup Hard Drive
The Seagate 2TB External Hard Drive comes with an external mains power supply. Laptops often cannot supply enough power through USB ports for reliable data transfer, not a good idea when you are doing a backup...
Monthly Archives: March 2017
Dear Mark, I was talking to a friend, Rick, about security for passwords on the laptop. He told me to go to Firefox. See Options, Security, Saved Logins and there were a whole list of my saved passwords for anyone … Continue reading
A deterministic password generator allows you to remember one simplistic pass-phrase that you can remember for all your passwords but Unique passwords are generated for each site and logins you use They gives you the ability to rapidly change all … Continue reading
Two-factor simply means that there has to be something else other than a password entered when you log into a web site. Try this explanation by Brit Christopher Bernatt, missing the 1970’s Open University BBC 2 late spots, then he’s … Continue reading
What’s the most intelligent thing to do about virus on your Windows PC? Absolutely nothing as it turns out. I have long since considered the paid for Norton / Symantec / McAfee: No better that the free ones Significantly make … Continue reading